It’s summer’s last hurrah! We’re here to make sure your Labor Day celebrations are filled with recipes that celebrate the final days of summer fruit.
Inspired by the August salad in DC and Philly, and the upcoming September salad for Boston and New York, this salsa is made with local watermelon, which is currently in season on the East Coast. Serve it with your favorite chips or veggies this long weekend!
- 3 cups fresh watermelon, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow, orange or green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp jalapeño, diced + seeded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine watermelon + veggies into bowl and toss
- Season with lime juice and salt to taste
- Stir and serve chilled
Yields 3-4 servings. Approximate calories per serving: 66.